LOOKING TO GET AN IN WITH THE MOB?!
On the outskirts of the city, tucked away in the heart of the brewery, the Speakeasy Ales and Lagers Taproom serves the freshest Speakeasy beer from the underground to the masses. We are looking for beer enthusiasts who can educate both our guests and fellow industry folks about our beer offerings and the brewing process. We are always looking for hard-working individuals with experience in food & beverage, hospitality, or customer service environments to start a career at Speakeasy Ales and Lagers. Cicerone and/or BJCP certifications are a plus. CA Food Handler Card will be required after 30 days.
This is an entry-level position, not only into the craft beer world but into an iconic San Francisco brewery with lots of opportunities to advance into other parts of the company. We always prefer to promote from within, and the taproom gives you a chance to shine.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Engaging guests and ensuring they have a positive experience
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to serve multiple people/beers at a time
- Ability to work and socialize at the same time
- Willingness to learn the industry and our product
- Ability to solve technical and mechanical problems on the fly
- Bar tech experience is a plus!
- Maintaining cleaning standards in all public parts of the taproom
- Being the face of the brewery while both on and off shift
- A passion for craft beer and brewing
- Can do attitude and a desire to learn more
- Ability to work as a part of a team
Shifts will be dependent on taproom needs and your availability. Must be available weekends. We prefer to balance our beertender’s schedules with both weekday and weekend shifts, about 20-30 hours/week.
Starting rate is $15 per hour and tips average to $7 per hour.